For personal empowerment and professional success
First developed in California in the 1970s, the Enneagram system of personality types is now a leading edge, human technology used by therapists, coaches, business leaders, spiritual directors, parents and teachers in countries around the world.
Instincts and Subtypes
2-DAY Workshop with PETER O'HANRAHAN
August 19-20, 2017 / Vallombrosa Center, Menlo Park, CA
Bring your partner, family member or friend – and save $35 each
To learn more and for registration info - InstinctsSubtypes
This stand-alone workshop is also part of our Enneagram Narrative Core Program.
The format includes short presentations, panel interviews guided practices and discussion.
Working with the Enneagram’s instinctual subtypes (self-preservation, one-to-one and social)
is a vital part of inner work and returning to our essential self. The 27 subtypes also illuminate
the important variations among people of the same personality type. In key relationships,
understanding subtypes brings these primary areas of focus to each person’s awareness and provides a language to describe similarities and differences.
- Connect to a greater sense of security, well-being and purpose
- Gain a better understanding of why people think, feel and act differently
- Improve communication, reduce conflict and build new bridges with loved ones
- Learn to meet each others’ needs for security, identity, contact and withdrawal
On this website
If you are new to the Enneagram, you will find descriptions of the nine personality types and the applications of the system. If you already know the system you will find articles on many topics and opportunities to further your study. You'll also find links to Enneagram friends and colleagues who are excellent resources.
Our services include:
- Training for businesses and organizations - communication, teams
- Public workshops - the Enneagram Panel workshop, Communication and Relationship Skills, the Instinctual Subtypes, the Embodied Enneagram, and others
- Consulting and coaching - for individuals, couples, and organizations
- Teacher certification with the Palmer/Daniels Enneagram Professional Training Program
Peter O'Hanrahan has been working with the Enneagram system for 40 years. He is a training associate with Enneagram Studies in the Narrative Tradition (ESNT) and the Enneagram Professional Training Program (EPTP) with Helen Palmer and David Daniels, MD, and is a senior associate with The Enneagram in Business with Ginger Lapid-Bogda, PhD.
The Enneagram Intensive
Menlo Park, CA, Feb. 4-9
Menlo Park, CA, July 29 - Aug. 3
Beijing, China, Dec. 7-12
The Typing Process
Menlo Park, CA, Feb. 15-17
Menlo Park, CA, Aug. 7-9
Beijing, China, Dec. 14-17
Instincts & Subtypes
Menlo Park, CA, Feb. 13-14
Menlo Park, CA, Aug. 19-20
Beijing, China, May 28-31
Cincinnati, OH, Nov. 11-12
Narrative Teacher Training
Menlo Park, CA, Feb. 18-20
Menlo Park, CA, Aug. 10-12
Build Better Relationships
Saratoga, CA, April 29-30
An Introduction to the Enneagram
Park City, UT May 12
Beijing, China, June 1-4
Check back for workshop updates
To receive emails about new articles or workshops, please join my email list.