Enneagram Panel Workshop
The Enneagram System of Personality Types
Workshop with Peter O'Hanrahan
Combining traditional spiritual wisdom with modern psychology - a powerful tool for understanding ourselves and the people in our lives.
The Enneagram is a system of nine personality types first developed by psychologists in Berkeley, California in the early 1970s. Now the system has spread to many countries around the world for applications in family life, psychotherapy, spiritual direction, education, and business. The continuing success of the Enneagram is due to its practicality. Whether studied as a complex psychological system or simply as a quick map of different personalities, it helps people in their daily lives.
The Enneagram describes nine different "points of view." Each personality type has a particular way of seeing the world and a different style of relating. By understanding our own style and those of the people in our lives, we increase our self awareness and our skill in communication and relationships of all kinds. Through knowing our habits of thinking, feeling and behaving we can access the talents and intelligence of our personality rather than simply being controlled by it.
No one can be reduced to a personality type or number. Each person has a unique, essential self that cannot be categorized. However, personality often covers up this deeper self. Using the Enneagram to work with personality issues can bring us back to contact with our deeper selves, integrating psychological and spiritual methods.
All nine types can be found in the literature of psychology. What the Enneagram does is bring them together in an organized system with a more balanced view of the positive, as well as the negative, aspects of personality.
For further information on the Enneagram please visit: EnneagramWorldwide.com.
In this workshop you will learn:
- How nine personality types see the world in different ways.
- How to identify your own personality type.
- Your personal strengths, blind spots, and patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving.
- Specific suggestions for your personal & professional development.
- Keys to successful relationships at home & at work
Who will benefit:
- Anyone who is on a path of personal or spiritual growth.
- Families and couples seeking methods for communication and conflict management.
- Professionals who can apply the system in their organization or practice.
- In the Narrative Tradition of Enneagram study, we will hear from panels of each type.
- Self-awareness practices
- Small group discussion